The home movie theatre experience is nothing without automated lighting. This post explains how to automate the lights in your TV room using a script for Kodi.
The script integrates Kodi with your Philips Hue smart bulbs, so that you never have to manually adjust the lights again when watching a film.
1. Download the Kodi Hue Ambilight plugin as a zip file
2. Open Kodi and go to Add-ons -> click on the opened box in top left corner -> Install from zip file -> navigate to the downloaded zip file
3. Download the script.module.requests plugin
4. Go to Add-ons -> click on the opened box in top left corner -> Install from zip file -> navigate to the downloaded zip file
5. Restart Kodi
6. Configure the add-on, click on Add-ons -> My add-ons -> Services -> Kodi Philips Hue -> Configure
7. Click Discover Hue Bridge and follow the instructions (press button on the Hue bridge)
8. Setup the groups and tweak settings to your liking
If you prefer to use Plex you can find a similar tutorial here
You can find the Philips Hue range of lighting products on Amazon here.